Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 6.6 GPM for Indoor Usage
Another commendable appliance from Takagi, the T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater provides an endless supply of hot water, as long as the water heater is sized according to a home’s needs. Takagi brings with it years of experience in the tankless water heater industry and carries almost 50 different types of tankless water heaters. Whether users live in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment, or a 5-bedroom, 5-bathroom house, Takagi has a water heater that’ll fit the bill.
Another commendable appliance from Takagi, the T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater provides an endless supply of hot water, as long as the water heater is sized according to a home’s needs. Takagi brings with it years of experience in the tankless water heater industry and carries almost 50 different types of tankless water heaters. Whether users live in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment, or a 5-bedroom, 5-bathroom house, Takagi has a water heater that’ll fit the bill. Our team at TopTenWater.com has created a comprehensive review of this product for your convenience.
The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG is a compact gas fired unit that is fully modulating. Designed to meet and exceed most residential applications, this tankless water heater supplies ample hot water for as many as two bathrooms in relatively warm climate. The T-KJr2-IN-NG can provide water to two showers, depending on the temperature of incoming ground water. Direct or indirect supply can be provided to local hot water systems and the device can be used with recirculation systems, storage tanks, radiant floor systems, hydronic heating systems, and/or heating & domestic applications.
The T-KJr2-IN-NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater comes with a 15-year limited warranty on its heat exchanger and a 5-year limited warranty on parts, as long as the application is residential. For user convenience, the appliance comes with a remote control. Venting is performed through Category 3 stainless steel, so safety is clearly a top priority for Takagi. In addition, customers get to enjoy enhanced safety in the form of overheat, freeze, troubleshooting/diagnostic, and surge protection codes.
- Takagi incorporates cutting-edge technology not just in the T-KJr2-IN-NG Tankless Water Heater, but also in its complete product line.
- The AFR (Air-Fuel Ratio) Sensor ensures proper combustion in the appliance. An advanced onboard computer adjusts the internal fan’s motor speed so that there is an optimal mixture of air and fuel. This in turn cuts emissions and improves efficiency.
- The max flow rate for this appliance is 6.6 Gallons Per Minute for incoming ground water temp of 75F degrees and the energy factor falls between 0.81 and 0.83.
- For cooler climates, the T-KJr2-IN-NG Takagi comes with Freeze Protection technology that protects the heater when it’s used in conditions where temperatures may fall below 0.
- This system makes sure that water inside the heat exchanger doesn’t freeze, thereby preventing damage to the unit.
|Compact form for easy installation||Filtered air required for operation|
|Natural gas-powered||Application limited to 2 bathrooms|
|Affordable pricing||Technical knowledge needed for installation|
|Strong performance||Warranty void if installed without professional|
- Steady hot water supply on demand
- Remote control provided for convenience
- ¾ inch water connection required
- Copper heat exchanger
- 14,000 maximum BTU, low emissions
- 20.3″ H x 13.8″ W x 6.7″ D.
|Water Connection Location||Bottom|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||No|
|Vent Type||Direct Vent|
|Product Weight||38 lbs.|
The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG is ranked 10 on our Top Ten list. The unit has a max 14,000 BTU output and can deliver 6.6 Gallons Per Minute. In addition, it has an energy form factor of about 85%, making it a competitive and economical choice among tankless water heaters. While it’s max output in BTUs is on the lower side, its copper heat exchanger and remote control make it an ideal choice for smaller applications.